Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well Mark just left for his reserves weekend and this month he's going to be gone 4 days instead of two. I know this sounds dumb but we've never been apart for that long and Im really sad about it. Incase you didnt know, we live together and I dont like being at home alone anymore. Its weird because before I met him I really liked being alone. I guess thats what happens when you meet "the one." (yeah i know, we're precious!) lol.

Today was a good day. I have a 9 year old that I do one on one stuff with and he cracked me up today. We played chess and he whipped me. Afterwards he decided to tell everyone we passed in the hallway that I was a giant loser. When I made the comment that I got creamed by a 9 year old, he got this dead serious look on his face and goes "excuse me, I am a very smart 9 year old." I had no idea he would be so offended by my comment. He really is a smart 9 year old. He makes me laugh every time Im with him. The other day he greeted me by saying "Welp Ms. Althea, Daddy hocked the x box again. I guess I wont get to play sonic this weekend!" What 9 year old says "hocked?" Kids really do say the darndest things. Here is an e-mail a co-worker sent me. It cracked me up so I thought Id share. :)


An acquaintance of mine who is a physician told this story about her then four-year-old daughter. On the way to preschool, the doctor had left her stethoscope on the car seat, and her little girl picked it up and began playing with it. Be still, my heart, thought my friend, my daughter wants to follow in my footsteps!Then the child spoke into the instrument: "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?"


After putting her children to bed, a mother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. At last she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard her three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was that?"



A new neighbor asked the little girl next door if she had any brothers and sisters. She replied, "No, I'm the lonely child."



I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued. At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"




My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we alike?" "You're both old," he replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment